TOWN OF DALTON, NEW HAMPSHIRE
RULES OF PROCEDURE
Tuesday, July 23, 2019
7:00 PM, at the Town Municipal Building
PURPOSE: Per RSA Section 675:4-a Adoption of Emergency Temporary Zoning and Planning Ordinance in Certain Towns, this Public Hearing is held for the purpose of public discussion of warrant article to be presented at a Special Town Meeting on Tuesday, July 30, 2019, when the voters will act upon the following question: “Shall the town adopt the provisions of RSA 674:24-29 entitled ‘Emergency Temporary Zoning and Planning Ordinance’?”
RULES OF PROCEDURE:
Dalton Town Moderator will conduct the meeting.
Participants who wish to speak will obtain a color-coded card when they arrive at the meeting. There will be three categories of speakers (and three associated colors of cards).
- Dalton residents who are registered to vote in the town of Dalton as of July 20, 2019.
- Dalton property owners who are not registered to vote in the town of Dalton.
- All other interested parties (i.e. Non-residents and non-Dalton property owners)
The Moderator will call the meeting to order.
The Moderator will read the Warrant Article under consideration, and will read the Emergency Temporary Zoning and Planning Ordinances (RSA Section 674:24-29). Per State Statutes, this meeting is the mandatory Public Hearing to be held within seven (7) days of the Special Town Meeting to be held on Tuesday, July 30, 2019 to discuss and vote on this warrant article.
The Select Board Chairperson will provide additional explanation of the Warrant Article and of the process, including the provisions of RSA 675:4-a Adoption of Emergency Temporary Zoning and Planning Ordinance in Certain Towns. Members of the Dalton Planning Board and the other Select Board members will be present to assist with this explanation, and with answering questions during the Public Hearing.
The Public Hearing will be open to public comment and questions. Questions are to be directed to the Moderator, who may direct them to the Select Board Chair, Select Board members, or Planning Board Members. If questions about the warrant article and related state statues cannot be answered at the meeting, the Moderator, Select Board and/or Planning Board will attempt to post answers on the Town of Dalton web page by Monday, July 29th.
The Public Hearing will be recorded. A summary of the meeting will be posted by Monday, July 29th.
Priority of speaking during the meeting will be in the order presented above. Within each category of participant, the Moderator will call on individuals from the back of the room, left to right, working row by row to the front of the room. This will be repeated for each category of participant.
Each speaker will adhere to the following protocol:
- When acknowledged by the Moderator,
- Speaker will move to one of the four microphones, if able. If not able to approach a microphone, the microphone will be brought to the speaker.
- Each speaker is to introduce him/herself, indicate whether a Dalton resident and/or property owner and the approximate address (e.g. Street); if a non-resident, they are to indicate their town of residency.
- There will be a sign up sheet to facilitate accurate recording of speaker information.
- Each speaker will have three (3) minutes to speak.
- Each speaker is to focus their comments/questions on the Emergency Temporary Zoning and Planning Ordinance under consideration.
- Comments and questions are to be respectful and considerate of the town, town officers and employees, residents, non-residents, and of those with opposing opinions.
- Speakers are requested to refrain from repeating positions and information already expressed by another speaker.
- The Moderator will intervene if repetitive or inappropriate remarks are being presented.
Decisions regarding the conduct of the meeting are the responsibility of the Town of Dalton Moderator.