2020 Mowing Contract Specifications
Mowing includes the three town cemeteries: John’s River, Cushman, and Ladd Cemeteries; The Municipal Office Building, Fire Department and Old Town Hall.
Mowing to include Spring cleanup and trimming as necessary.
A Certificate of Insurance is also required.
2020 Season Lawn Care Services for Town of Dalton Cemeteries and Municipal Properties shall include the following:
Dalton Cemetery Properties:
Spring clean-up of all cemeteries
Mowing and trimming up keep of all cemeteries for a clean appearance
Fall clean-up of all cemeteries at end of season (1st official snow fall or October 31st whichever comes first)
Dalton Municipal Properties: Municipal Building, Old Town Hall and Fire Station
Mowing of all lawn areas
Trimming lawn edges
Picking up of all trash and debris
Blowing all trimmings off the walkways and pavement for a clean, crisp look
Dalton Cemetery Policies – Important Information
Memorials / Monuments / Decorations
- One above ground monument such as a headstone or gravestone per burial site is allowed. Placement shall be at the head of the lot and shall not be placed on top of a burial vault. Other permanent markers such as corner stones, foot stones and memorial plaques may be placed on a lot providing the top surface is flush with ground level.
- Above ground memorial placements shall be aligned and consistent with the placement of other memorials. Prior to location of a memorial, approval of the Sexton is recommended.
- All other decorative items shall be placed within the lot so as not to interfere with normal ground maintenance. Any items deemed inappropriate or hazardous by the Cemetery Trustess shall be removed by the lot owner upon the Trustees’ request.
- Decorative items will be removed by order of the Cemetery Trustees each spring in preparation for annual ground maintenance.
- Memorial repair shall be the responsibility of the individual lot owners.
- No trees of any kind shall be planted in any part of any cemetery. Shrubbery shall be kept to a maximum of four feet in height and kept within the boundaries of the individual lot. Flowers, plants and shrubs may be planted at the owner’s risk of damage from normal maintenance procedures.
- No loose decorative stones of any kind are allowed.
- Care of all vegetation, except the grass, is the sole responsibility of the lot owner. Any vegetation deemed unkempt or in violation of this policy may be removed by the order of the Cemetery Trustees at any time.
Complete Town of Dalton Cemetery Policy –Dalton Cemetery Policy
Photos used with permission by Cathleen Fountain.